There is an app in my Moto E2 that say keylogger. I don't want to move my phone is due anyway to mak

Phillyjoeyb

Banned
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
And also what does encrypt phone mean and what does it do? Well it encrypt the keylogger ? If I encrypt my phone do I have to always use a pin to unlock it? I know you race my apps my date and such and I know that I will have to put my Gmail account back in and download my apps again. Bubble other information gets left deep in the phone be encrypted Including the keylogger?

Phillyjoeyb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keyloggers are pretty much always malicious. Where do you see it? Is it in the Settings>Apps list? Can you tell us the full name of the app?

Encrypting the phone means you always have to enter a PIN or password to get into the phone, and it's irreversible. I'm not sure if encryption will prevent a keylogger from working.

Since keyloggers are usually malicious, they are also probably difficult to get off your phone (i.e., a simple Uninstall won't work). You may have to do a full factory reset. Before doing so, go to Settings>Backup & Reset​, and uncheck Automatically Restore. Then, after the reset and the Setup Wizard, go directly to the Play Store and stop any app that might be automatically installing.

Phillyjoeyb

Banned
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I go to settings I go to apps it's not in the downloaded apps it's under all and then it goes it's an android keylogger. so that means it's in the system itself but when I download Your IQ detector the carrier IQ detector apps that I cannot have Your IQ on my phone so I don't know what to make of it you like to have keylogger or I don't and when I look at the dead save data for keylogger it's not very high at all it's only enough data for the keylogger itself not anything that is logging so I guess it could be whenever it's not logging anything I don't know

Phillyjoeyb