And also what does encrypt phone mean and what does it do? Well it encrypt the keylogger ? If I encrypt my phone do I have to always use a pin to unlock it? I know you race my apps my date and such and I know that I will have to put my Gmail account back in and download my apps again. Bubble other information gets left deep in the phone be encrypted Including the keylogger?

Phillyjoeyb
    09-07-2015 11:20 AM
    Keyloggers are pretty much always malicious. Where do you see it? Is it in the Settings>Apps list? Can you tell us the full name of the app?

Encrypting the phone means you always have to enter a PIN or password to get into the phone, and it's irreversible. I'm not sure if encryption will prevent a keylogger from working.

Since keyloggers are usually malicious, they are also probably difficult to get off your phone (i.e., a simple Uninstall won't work). You may have to do a full factory reset. Before doing so, go to Settings>Backup & Reset​, and uncheck Automatically Restore. Then, after the reset and the Setup Wizard, go directly to the Play Store and stop any app that might be automatically installing.
    09-07-2015 01:28 PM
    I go to settings I go to apps it's not in the downloaded apps it's under all and then it goes it's an android keylogger. so that means it's in the system itself but when I download Your IQ detector the carrier IQ detector apps that I cannot have Your IQ on my phone so I don't know what to make of it you like to have keylogger or I don't and when I look at the dead save data for keylogger it's not very high at all it's only enough data for the keylogger itself not anything that is logging so I guess it could be whenever it's not logging anything I don't know

Phillyjoeyb
    09-10-2015 03:00 PM
    It just seems very unlikely that a keylogger would be an approved system app. Maybe someone else with a Moto E 2015 can chime in.
    09-10-2015 07:27 PM