New S6 Camera unsharp on one side - is this a dud?

A

AC Question

I general I found with center focus that the pics were fairly unsharp on the edges. Without any reference to other phones' I would normally guess that this is just the limitation of the lens design.

I did a test and purposely changed the focus point towards the right of center of the image (to test focus). I uploaded the file but the forum wont let me use a link sadly

But here - now that I compensated somewhat for the center focus on the right (and it seemed to work fairly well in fixing sharpness on that side) - the result is that the left of the picture is bad.

This means that the lens or the lens elements are not symmetrical (manufacturing problem).

Have others checked this out on their phones? Are manufacturing standards on this model phone loose, or is this actual phone a substandard exception (ie should I try to get it swapped)?

PhilipChudy

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
The above was my post before registering - This post is fairly meaningless without seeing an image. To get around the restriction on links the file is at motorimageworks (dot) com (slash) S6unsharp.jpg