How do I keep my screen lit during a call?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy s5 screen keeps going dark when I take or make a call. The staysmart is activated, but if off, screen still goes dark. Can I disable the proximity sensor somehow? Screen time is set as 3 minutes.
Carrier is consumer cellular thru ATT network

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure you can disable the proximity network through the stock settings. However, try downloading Tasker and see if that can do it. I'm pretty sure you can. Also, be sure to check the developers webpage for the timed trial since the Play Store is a paid app - the developers website can be found via the Play Store link.

PlainDave

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure you can disable the proximity network through the stock settings. However, try downloading Tasker and see if that can do it. I'm pretty sure you can. Also, be sure to check the developers webpage for the timed trial since the Play Store is a paid app - the developers website can be found via the Play Store link.

I have somewhat the opposite problem. Do you happen to know how I can change a setting so that my screen turns off during a call?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In both cases, it sounds like a defective proximity detector, or a case preventing the proximity detector from detecting your face in one case and acting as your face in the other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt