Please help with boot animation

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
OK well I have a Kyocera hydro icon android 4.4.2 have just finally gained root access and since then I have been trying to change the boot animation. I have been using all the common apps to do so with no luck at all none of them seem to work. I have tried every install location available and nothing. So I tried to do it the manual way through root browser and I still can't get it to work. I'm not going to say I'm upset but now it no longer has the boost mobile boot screen and just says android. I know I must have deleted the original somehow and I don't care much about that. Although I'd really like to see something when it turns on. I realize there's that moment in a mans life where he's gotta ask for help Lol! So here I am please help me before I screw up something more important up.

regs

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, those carrier boot animations often are embedded inside the phone's bootloader and not the main boot animation file. When did you lose the Boost animation? When you rooted? Or after you fussed with some files? I know that on some phones, to root you end up overwriting the bootloader with a new build that's been modified. Those typically come from 'international' versions that haven't been carrier-branded.

But in any case, you'll find the boot animation in /system/media... called bootanimation.zip

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I lost it after messing with files. I've done everything to the T of what your supposed to do to install a new boot animation and it's to no avail. I have done this on other phones and tablets with no problem. But this phone nothing seems to work.

regs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85