How to stop the Music app from automatically playing when connecting my GS6e to my car's Bluetooth?

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This started happening when I loaded my phone with some of my MP3 library. Further, I've gone through all settings, of which there are none to prevent this, talked to T-Mobile, and Samsung, to no avail. Their final response was to perform a factory reset on the phone. Finally after hitting a wall I relented and did so. The first time I hooked up to my car after the reset it did it again. Is Samsung determined to make me hear music on their app I don't want, or is there something I missed?

zmsc1

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think it's happening because you've left the player in your car set to read from Bluetooth. It's default action is to start playing from the Bluetooth source when it auto connects your phone. That's what happens on my VW Golf anyway. If you change the player in the car to say radio, when you next start the car, it will play the radio rather than your phone Bluetooth. Or you could switch off the music player altogether. If you leave it switched on, the car thinks you want entertainment.

If you're leaving the entertainment system on to allow receiving phone calls, try it switched off. Mine still connects an incoming call, even if the system is switched off! I was surprised but pleased to discover this.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: