Moto E (2nd Gen) Out of storage after app updates.

A

AC Question

Hey all I am having a heck of a time trying to find an answer for this. I'm coming back to Android. Last Android phone I had was 2.2. I got this Moto E (2nd Gen) and really like it. Had it a couple days. This morning it decided to install a LOT of updates. It looks like it also added a bunch of new Google bloatware and ontop of that it moved all the apps that it let me move or partially move to the SD card, back to the internal memory. I had about 3GB of storage before all this happened, then I get a warning saying my storage is full. I checked, 400mb free. I went through all the apps and moved them back to the SD card, including Hearthstone. That game is 700mb all by itself. I went from 400mb to about 750mb. I want to get rid of all the extra crud it installed and get back to a nice 3GB. I have 29GB free on my SD card. I tried moving what little media I had to the SD card but it's all moved already.

I'm floored that in 2015 Android still can;t install all apps on the SD card. Thankfully Amazon MP3, Podcast Addict, Spotify, Here Maps and other seems smart about using the SD card to store offline content.

I'm also frustrated that it moved all my apps back to Internal memory and installed a bunch of stuff I didn't ask for and I can't uninstall. :(

Is there anything I can do to remove all this junk it installed and maybe free up some kind of cache or something? Sorry about the long question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

// J

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma