samsung s4 keeps turning off whenever after replacing the old battery with a new one

Loredana Eneze

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
So i bought this s4 refurbished only 2 months ago of ebay.i wasnt happy with the battery life thinking that it might not be the original one i started looking on ebay to find a genuine samsung battery.so i found and bought one-the seller was saying that is 100% genuine and i could even take it to the samsung shop and verify it with them.but since i replace the old battery the phone keeps switching itself off couple of times a day and if i try to put it on ,would not come pass the samsung logo and will switch off again.i have to put it on charge so for it to come on again altough the battery shows 45%.so i took the new battery out and put the old one back in and i tried switching it on and it worked.is obvious that something is related with the new battery but what ??is brand new and genuine!!(supouse too).Any advice please.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you charge up the new battery? Let it charge on a wall outlet undisturbed overnight before trying to power on again.

You could also test the new battery on someone else's S4 (if you know someone who has one).