Why is my Samsung Galaxy Ace Style shutting off/on or even freezing up even if it restarts?

Michael Himko

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
It started to shut off on its own or shut down, restart only to freeze up. If at all by chance I was able to get a usable screen it gave error messages of various apps not working or option to report the issue, of which I probably sent over 50! This had gotten to the point of my trying to delete one app at a time to reduce load. The final straw was when it wouldn't allow me to manually restart the phone with the power switch. It gave me a red writing screen to reboot, reset factory & other options. My frustration gave way after this screen was used to reboot without success, the next time this screen appeared I was very PO'd & reset my phone to manufacturing settings, sacrificing all my photo's & other data! Now this POS will not even stay on for 5 minutes without restarting itself or freezing up, then I restart it with no use! So here I am...SOS...!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a new or different battery? It might be failing. Otherwise, if the problems persist after a factory reset, I'd suspect something failing on the motherboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678