Music Cuts Out When Charging

LHJLDH

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I currently have an LG G3 (Model D852) and recently around the last week or so, whenever I charge it, the keyboard will start lagging and typing a letter every once in a while. Whenever I try to play music or watch a video, after about 25-35 seconds the audio will cut out and the video or music will register as continuing. I have to skip to the next song and back for the sound to work again only to cut out after 30 more seconds. When I have headphones plugged in while it's charging then the sound is fine. When I tried to backup my data so I could factory reset my phone, every attempt failed. Help?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11934

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

LHJLDH

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I tried doing this and after uninstalling the first app I saw, my music played fine, however after rebooting my phone I deleted the app and the problem still continued.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you boot into safe mode, ALL installed apps are disabled, so back up all your installed apps (you can use App Backup & Restore), delete them all except one. Then add them back, one by one, restarting after you add each one and try the music. When you add back an app and it causes the problem, you'll know which one it is.

(If you need to save the apps from the data, like scores or settings, use Helium. If your phone isn't rooted, it'll tell you to download a file and run it on your PC, and connect the phone to the PC. That's legitimate.)

LHJLDH

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help, but booting the phone into safe mode doesn't help in any way because even without uninstalling anything, the problem does not happen in safe mode but immediately persists when the phone is restarted normally again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But it sounds like Safe Mode has in fact helped to narrow the problem down to some 3rd party app you installed, if things were working ok while in Safe Mode. So as Rukbat said, you may have to uninstall your 3rd party apps one by one until the problem goes away, or start from scratch and install your apps one by one until the problem recurs.

LHJLDH

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Alright, then I'll start trying to uninstall some of the more recent apps that I had downloaded. I'll get back to you if I figure something out.

LHJLDH

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey, so after deleting a few apps and being unsuccessful, I uninstalled the recent updates to the Google Now app and now everything works fine! Thanks for all your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you found a solution! Strange that it's the Google app, though. You may want to check the Play Store in about a month to see if there's been any subsequent update--maybe by then, they will have fixed the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois