I'm looking at the Tab Pro (10.1) Tab S (10.5) or the S2 (9.7). The two main things I would use it for web browsing and movies. I would play games but nothing major (angry birds, temple run, etc). So based on our needs which would you pick up?

We are open to other brands, expandable memory and good battery life are the top picks.

I also see that Samsung uses touchwiz, not familiar with that as this could be our first Samsung device. What is that exactly?
    09-11-2015 08:35 PM
    TouchWiz is the skin, or how icons and some apps are integrated into the User Interface.

Since you're looking at 3 Tabs in the same size range, get the most storage you can live with/afford. Avoid 8 GB storage, you'll spend more time fighting memory issues than you will enjoying the tablet. Most RAM, best experience. A tablet doesn't have to have the most processing power, but with more RAM, you'll find better responsiveness.

Hold them all for a while. Which is most comfortable to hold? Size/weight matter. Especially when it comes to holding one in say, a vehicle.

Look at their screens. Go with the one that pleases you most and fits your needs. Expandable storage is very desirable. Preload movies on cards, and you can take it with you.
    09-12-2015 01:13 AM
    I would definitely lean towards the 10.5 or the 9.7. I would also look at the just announced 10.2 Google tablet The 9.7 is newer but has a 4x3 form factor if that is an issue. Both of the Samsung tablets have SD expansion which can come in handle for viewing content. I dump a lot of Google Music on it so when I don't have a WiFi Connection I can listen to music (Doing it know).

Your needs are pretty basic and all tablets should fit. The newer the tablet the more future proof it is. The new S2 and the Google tablets are built on 64 bit architecture which can't hurt in terms of future proofing.

I totally agree with the previous post in terms of memory and getting one in your hands. Do not buy a case from your brick and mortor. Go to Amazon and you will find some cases that work just fine and you will save a few bucks.
    09-30-2015 05:45 PM