When I open an email attachment for instance, I get presented with a couple of apps that can open the document. However I don't have the option to choose an app and select "Just once" or "Always", it changes the selection for always without asking me. I then need to go and clear that app if I want to open the document with another app in the future.

Is there a setting to ensure I always get asked "Just once" or "Always" when using a new app?

Thanks.
    09-12-2015 03:10 PM
    Normally that happens when there's 2 apps or more with the same capabilities reported and it's an unknown file extension or format for the phone internally. There's no current way to solve that, but for everything else I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...betteropenwith
    09-12-2015 04:22 PM
    Thank you for your reply but the attachments I have problems with are fairly standard as they are Word or Excel or even just JPEG file formats. Better open with does not work with these file extensions.
    09-12-2015 06:31 PM
    Android does that also when one of the apps is an Internal or system choice like Gallery or Quickoffice, Word/Excel is not common to the Operating system and I'll will display the message
    09-12-2015 07:20 PM
    It is not displaying the message for Word and Excel files.
    09-12-2015 07:32 PM