I can't unlock my LG Sunrise??

A

AC Question

So this morning my phone was working fine, now only the camera works and I can't unlock it. Instead of my normal knock lock screen, it's requesting a backup pin (which I do not know where to find that and I've searched EVERYWHERE for answers on this) or my Email and password.. which it won't accept even though I know they're correct. I've tried that "push the power button + volume button" method to reset it (not that I want to do that) and that of course didn't work.. I'm just so confused.
Can anyone help me out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you set up a Knock Code, it always asks you to create a backup PIN, in case the knock code fails for some reason. See this LG G3 guide as an example: LG G3 User Guide. If you set up a Knock Code, you must have also set up a backup PIN. Think hard, and try to remember it.

Is it asking you for your Google email address and password? If you're entering your correct credentials and it isn't working, then turn off your Google account's two-step authentication, if it's on.

F111Droid

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I found a software issue with the LG Lucky, which is likely on the LG Sunrise too. As I understand it, they used the UI of the LG G3. However, the LG G3s screen size differs so adjustments needed to be made for the smaller screen sizes. It does not appear that this was done in all instances. If you have not extended your screen lock time or the time that the display was intended to go to sleep and you connect the phone to your PC, you will have a hell of a time entering a knock code or pin. In some instances, your screen knock may be accurate, but the touchscreen perceives it differently. If you go to enter a pin, you find alignment issues with the keyboard taps. You touch one key even with a touch pen pad and another key highlights. You cannot even get some keys to actuate. I even had issues powering off. I would hit power off and the power off and restart confirm would come up. They failed to adjust for screen sizes when they adapted the other UI in some sections of the code. I notified LG, but I doubt any fixes or software upgrades will be made to fix it in their current circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49