S-pen broke off in device...

A

AC Question

This is not an "I inserted the s-pen backwards" problem.

The lower portion of the s-pen, starting at the button, broke off an is still in my Note 5. To clarify, only the exterior portion of the pen is stuck, the interior portion, including tip, come out.

Examining the portion of the pen I can take out looks like the plastic was not formed well or something as the break does not look like it bent before it broke nor is the fracture even around the pen.

What caused this? I have not dropped my phone (might the glass have broken instead?). Is the Note 5 bending like I saw with other phablets last year (iOS)?

Going to my carrier tomorrow and see if they have seen similar issues. Curious if just a bad pen or if this is a common issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problem!! My S Pen looked just like that. I tried sticking a paper clip in to pull it out but no luck. Did you ever gets yours out?

Try making a tube with thin paper and slowly push it in around the pen. If you get the paper down far enough, it should engage the clip that holds the spen in. See if the spen will drop out then.

You have to insert the paper slow and easy so it doesn't fold up.