Worth it to fix or not??please advise

A

AC Question

Hey there I hope to get some advise from u guys

2 weeks ago i kind of manage to damage my GS6 in between car door and car I was not lucky enough that it either fall out the car or in the car it was in between. Front screen completely done and the phone was bend quite much. The back had nothing and the camera also not.
My girlfriend found a bit more out about that samsung ADH premium service I must mention here now that I'm an austrian living in south Africa. So we decided to send it to them the picked it up with no charge and also gave an samsung A5 as a rental also free of charge.

So yesterday I got the quotation

They are not charging anything for the repair of the screen
They listed the following to be replaced

G920 INNER BATTERY PACK EB - BG920ABE 2550MAH FOR 218RAND
G920 ASSY SUB PBA-USB _PCB_BLUE+GOLD FOR 257RAND
G920 A/S ASSY -PBA MAIN (COMM) FOR 2.897RAND
G920 ASSY REAR UNIT -EU (BYD) FOR 867RAND
LABOUR 3 FOR 333RAND

The total amount will be then 5214.00 Rand around 330Eur or 380 dollar

So would u think I should repair it and how will I get it back it was bend I can not belive the would straighten all the metal and all that.
And that main component I thin it's the motherboard so that means all my data on the phone will be gone right so it would come back as I bought it more or less or??

What would u guys suggest I should do??

I have 7 days to answer them

Thanks

Christoph

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure that'll be worth it. You're correct, the phone will be wiped if they replace the motherboard. You can always sync any of your cloud data back, but any locally saved data will be gone. After major repairs like that, there's no guarantee that the phone will be completely perfect, either--there might be persistent glitches that they couldn't test for. I'd consider just calling it a loss and getting a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20