Why are contacts crashing multiple times daily on my Sprint Note 4 ?

A

AC Question

The contacts will sync roughly 50% of the time and so far I cannot pinpoint any root cause. I restart everyday, I cleared cache, I toggled with which contacts to sync from which accounts and double checked that there was no overlap or apparent conflicts, I am only getting frustrated instead of resolution. I am no expert, but certainly not a beginner either. Wore a palm pre and an s3 into the ground before I got the note and never had issues. Rooted the first two but not the note as yet.

Phone and Messaging will come over as just phone numbers several times a day, whether or not any other apps are open or running. Also, if I use the google now search I can "see" their name but once I select it I get an error bubble that says contacts have crashed. When I open contacts there are none visible.

Part of the time the contacts sync correctly and I can view them in Phone or Messaging. During these times Contacts works just fine.

I also uninstalled the Outlook app, tested and reinstalled. So I see where Outlook has caused trouble for other users, but I am not certain that is the smoking gun after my tinkering.

Any other advice or troubleshooting tips that y'all can suggest? Thanks in advance!

tea1990

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have followed this issue on numerous forums and threads as well. It appears to be a Samsung-exclusive problem. I have this problem too on a new Galaxy S6 edge.

I am considering a factory reset hoping it would kill that stupid pesty bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21