I have a Droid Mini from Verizon. Ever since the update to 4.4.4 my battery life has completely deteriorated. It used to last about 2 days with minimal usage, phone calls here and there, occasional facebooking, etc.

After the upgrade to 4.4.4, my phone will last about 6.5 hours with no use, and even less if I surf the web or take a few phone calls. On my battery detail screen, Android OS is taking up 75%+ of the battery. The only issue is, even after a complete factory data reset, it is still the same 75%+ usage. I have no additional apps installed and have all of them closed, yet my battery still drains equally as fast.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem or know of a solution to this? I have already called Motorola and Verizon and both are no help.

Thanks in advance,
    09-14-2015 04:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How long ago was the update? People sometimes see improvements after the first few days, attributed to things "settling in."

If this persists, I would keep talking to Verizon, and point out to them that the update they pushed for their phone has made it significantly worse. Request a replacement phone. If the person you talk to can't or won't do that, then ask for the next level up. Be polite but firm.
    09-14-2015 05:32 PM