So I got a Galaxy Alpha, my first Android device, and what stuns me is that I cannot turn off the network ONLY. Yes I know you can uncheck mobile data, but there should be an option to turn off mobile network entirely. Of course I've read you can turn on airplane mode and turn back on wifi if needs be, but this way just seems rediculous. There should be a notification button for this. Is there an app that adds one?
    09-14-2015 06:20 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Am I right in reading this, you want to turn off your carrier network and leave the wifi turned on? This will disable all calls and mobile data.

Are you doing this often, you could just pull the sim card out. :P

Flight mode and WiFI should have a notification button each, it would be two easy steps to achieve what you are after.

You could try out toggles like this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nless.pc&hl=en
    09-14-2015 06:40 PM
    That's exactly correct. I travel very often and into places where roaming rates are horrible. I simply want to turn off the network so I get no calls, texts or data from cell network. Turning on airplane mode just doesn't cut it for me. Taking out the sim card every time is worse. This is an option that has been on every simgle phone I've owned in the past from Nokia, Blackberry, iPhone, Motorola. I'm astounded it's not on Android.
    09-15-2015 12:55 AM
    Ahh Okay. I travel a bit as well and I just leave data roaming disabled. It's in settings. More (just under data usage) and cellular networks.

This will stop internet usage, however, it does allow incoming calls and sms. It let's you leave Wifi on though. You can toggle it though with something like I linked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 02:21 AM