Will there be problem reading/typing doing document work with Tab S 10.5 because of it 16:10 ratio?

A

AC Question

I am debating between the new Tab S2 9.7 and the one year old Tab 2 10.5. My needs are for the tablet to be 'like a laptop' for work and yet portable to be carried around and holding it for long periods.

My concern is: will the 16"10 ratio be a problem for work productivity (although I read it is great for entertainment).
Thank u.
Trudy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What kinds of documents? I think word processing documents are fine on a 16:10 screen, but spreadsheets might not be optimal, since you'll sacrifice either width or height when you're trying to review a big spreadsheet.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
No, not really. The Tab S2 has the better form factor for that kind of task IMO, but it's largely compensated by the fact that the Tab S it's bigger, so it pretty much has the same height as the Tab S2 in landscape mode (and similar width in portrait).

The tab S2 will feel more natural in portrait and it will be slightly easier to hold for longer periods of time due to the smaller size and lighter weight but it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20