i have just got a samsung galaxy note 4 that i purchased on ebay. it said it was unlocked and appears to accept other sims although it is a Verizon branded model. However it will not find any signal at all when I am using my EE UK Sim. Does anyone know why?

I am currently in Cyprus, does it need to connect in the UK first before it will work anywhere else? I have a HTC One M8 that works perfect over here using the same SIM.

Also I am using a nano sim in the micro sim slot, it accepts the card is there, but i dont know if this could be an issue? although i have tried a Cypriot micro sim and that still wont get a signal.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam
    09-16-2015 07:27 AM
    i have just got a samsung galaxy note 4 that i purchased on ebay. it said it was unlocked and appears to accept other sims although it is a Verizon branded model. However it will not find any signal at all when I am using my EE UK Sim. Does anyone know why?

I am currently in Cyprus, does it need to connect in the UK first before it will work anywhere else? I have a HTC One M8 that works perfect over here using the same SIM.

Also I am using a nano sim in the micro sim slot, it accepts the card is there, but i dont know if this could be an issue? although i have tried a Cypriot micro sim and that still wont get a signal.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam
    The phone does not have the bands to work on EE UK.

EE runs on 1800 for 2G, 2100 for 3G UMTS/HSBDA/HSPA+, 1800 LTE, and 2600 LTE-A. The Verizon Note 4 doen't have the LTE bands for EE but it does have the HSPA+ band.

You also might need to setup the EE APN for the phone.

EE APN Settings | Geek Squad
    09-16-2015 09:21 AM
    Go to settings -- mobile networks - network mode, select gsm. This is on a note 5,but the 4 should be similar

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-16-2015 09:26 AM