Verizon LG Lucid 3 touchscreen

Jarred Brown

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I ordered this phone from EBay a week ago figuring it'd be a great placeholder for a few months until I could buy something nicer around the holiday sales. It's basically a clone of the Galaxy S2, visually speaking. The phone worked great for the first 4 days until randomly, the screen would become unresponsive only after waking up. If I swipe left or right on the home screen, it would open random apps in the vicinity. On pages that require up/down scrolling(browser,settings, contacts etc.) it would jump all the way to the bottom upon attempting to scroll. I discovered that the problem can be stopped by making a phone call. Only a temporary solution since it'll start as soon as I do a screen timeout/wake up again. It seems to be a software issue. I've factory reset twice already. Any help appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jarred Brown

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the welcoming! I ran the device in safe mode and the problem continued to persist. I've really been trying to figure out why making a phone call stops it temporarily though. That might lead towards finding a fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it persists in Safe Mode, it'll be harder to fix this easily, since it's probably either a firmware or hardware problem. I'm not sure how easy it would be to reflash the stock ROM on that phone. You could try searching a forum like XDA for rooting and ROM info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae