Phone will turn on and screen flashes briefly in the lower and right edges for a second whenever it boots up or the lock button is pressed (seems to be trying to turn the display on). I've tried ALL of the fixes for the black screen of death that can be found on YouTube and nothing is working. I do not have a known good screen or motherboard to test but I was able to use a known good battery and that still did nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find anything online at this point describing a fix for this particular behavior. Also, the phone has been reset to the newest firmware available through samsung smart switch (now takes place of kies for this particular device). Please help
    09-16-2015 11:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you power on, does it vibrate as usual, and make any other sounds to suggest it's going through the normal boot process? If not, then the motherboard is probably the cause, not just the screen.
    09-16-2015 12:58 PM
    That's some great advise and to answer your question, yes all other functions seem to be working properly including the digitizer and lit buttons at the bottom of the screen and vibration and volume rocker sounds etc.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2015 09:16 PM
    Then I'd suggest trying to replace the screen only.
    09-18-2015 01:40 AM
    Thanks B!

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-18-2015 06:13 AM