New Android User - Should I Buy a Samsung Note or a Moto Pure?

12mermaids

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Which will be more likely to make the transition from iOS to Android easier?

I have narrowed my options to these two phones. They are different, but I believe I'd be happy with either, so it's coming down to which one will make my life easier as I learn an entirely unfamiliar way of using a smartphone.

After my Razr, I've always owned iPhones. I've read that the Moto phones run the closest commercial version to pure Android and I know Samsung has TouchWiz. Will TouchWiz make learning simpler? Or does that mean, in effect, I'm learning two new systems?

My carrier is AT&T. I think this matters because the Android updates don't hit all devices or carriers the same time.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice you can offer.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

There is first a very basic practical consideration. Could you, coming from an iPhone, accustom yourself to going bottom right for Back, which is what you would have to do on a Samsung?

Posted via the Android Central App

switchermoe

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Belodion
Welcome to the other side :)
I was just like you 2 months ago when I made the switch from ios to Android. I have always been an Apple Fan boy and after after 7 years made the switch and I am ever so glad I did. I have full control of my phone and I can basically customize to my heart content. The switch for me was relatively easy and I now find myself trying to use an imaginary back button on my wife's iphone. You will enjoy the experience.
As to which phone you should consider, my vote will be for the Moto X. I have a Note 4 and I am having lots of connectivity issues with GPS and cell reception. The GPS issues are rampant across the board with the cell connectivity terrible in fringe areas.This is one area I miss my iphone 6 as I never had any issues with connectivity. It appears that both the Note 4 and the Note 5 is suffering from this problem.However, with that said,I love the Note 4 but it has become unusable for me. I am currently considering the Moto X pure and I might pull the trigger very soon. I have read numerous post that said the Motorola's have great radios so I don't think I can go wrong.
Again, welcome and let me know how you make out with the change.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress