I have an S6 that was ran over by a tractor. Screen busted. Ordered new one had a professional disassemble and try to install screen. He did a test run on the screen before final install. The new screen won't light up (no display at all) but the blue lights on the phone still light up. Phone was getting calls and texts after the screen was damaged. Installer thought the screen is defective. I ordered a new one (suppose to be in today). I have looked the mother board over very hard, I see no visible damage to the mother board. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just a bad screen. If not, is there anyway to get the information off the phone, mainly contacts and the text? Don't care about the pictures. I need the text for court evidence. I did have the SMS backup and restore app on the phone as well at some google thing Best Buy set up for me a few months ago for saving information. Haven't been able to see anything in either place yet but not sure if I'm doing it right. Thanks for any help.
    09-18-2015 08:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I think Kies still backs up texts. Kies is a program from Samsung that acts a little like iTunes. You download it, install and then you should be able to plug in your device and back everything up.
    09-18-2015 09:10 AM