Hi all,

After fully charging the phone yesterday, when I went out to get food, my phone shut down along the way and being unable to boot. My phone is running on stock lollipop with no modifications.

At first, I was able to get to the colored dots loading screen but it would always get stuck there and shut off. Then I keep trying to restart it up and it got worse and worse, now I'm always stuck at the GOOGLE screen. I'm not sure if this is a boot loop issue as it just gets stuck at GOOGLE screen. I tried the recovery mode cache wipe and it gets stuck at the GOOGLE screen in the middle of the wipe.

So this morning, after fiddling around the power buttons some more, I am able to get the battery logo while charging, though it is weird that it shows 100% then completely drained the next minute or so. I try to load into the recovery mode again and this is what I see at the bottom

E: failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log

Am I screwed? I'm not sure what to do at this point, I'm still in recovery mode but don't want to push any buttons yet as it was a real struggle to get to this point as I'm always stuck at the GOOGLE screen.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    09-18-2015 08:28 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You might have to reflash the ROM in fastboot. There are toolkits, like wugfresh, that can help you if you have a windows PC.
    09-18-2015 09:06 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You might have to reflash the ROM in fastboot. There are toolkits, like wugfresh, that can help you if you have a windows PC.
    Hi Golfdriver,

Any pointers to what that is? I'm not too familiar with these things. Just now I tried the wipe cache and screen blacked out midway. There's a bit of a progress that I'm stuck in the boot animation with multicolored flying dots for the last 30 minutes. Do I still reflash the rom from this?
    09-18-2015 09:30 AM
    Hi Golfdriver,

Any pointers to what that is? I'm not too familiar with these things. Just now I tried the wipe cache and screen blacked out midway. There's a bit of a progress that I'm stuck in the boot animation with multicolored flying dots for the last 30 minutes. Do I still reflash the rom from this?
    Fastboot is a specific partition of the OS. It allows you to do some things outside of the OS, like flash a ROM, in a case like this. Wugfresh has a toolkit for Windows to make flashing ROMs a little easier. You can find that on XDA.

In your case, I would think that flashing a ROM is probably best. Something got corrupted somehow.
    09-18-2015 09:48 AM
    Fastboot is a specific partition of the OS. It allows you to do some things outside of the OS, like flash a ROM, in a case like this. Wugfresh has a toolkit for Windows to make flashing ROMs a little easier. You can find that on XDA.

In your case, I would think that flashing a ROM is probably best. Something got corrupted somehow.
    So I only need Wugfresh? Do I need to download any roms?

Also, by doing this, does this wipe all my data?
    09-18-2015 10:02 AM
    So I only need Wugfresh? Do I need to download any roms?
    Pretty much. As for downloading ROMs...you will download them, but through the program. It connects to Google's library.

Also, by doing this, does this wipe all my data?
    Yes.
    09-18-2015 10:12 AM
    Pretty much. As for downloading ROMs...you will download them, but through the program. It connects to Google's library.

Yes.
    Oh dear, this ain't good. Have some important stuff in there that isn't backed up. Is there any other alternatives to preserve the existing data in the phone?
    09-18-2015 10:23 AM
    You can try ADB commands to pull what you may need. The hard part is setting up ADB and having Windows recognize, and allow you to use it.
    09-18-2015 10:36 AM