Moto X First Gen Lollipop 5.1 - SMS not working?

A

AC Question

I just received the 5.1 update on my first gen moto x, and everything seems to be working fine except text message. I send texts through hangouts and I am able to receive and send gchat messages through Hangouts, and I am able to receive SMS messages through Hangouts, but for some reason sending SMS messages is not working. Any advice? I removed the cache in the app to see if that would help but it is still not working. I am not phone/tech savvy at all.

Kevin Casey

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Also update to Lolipop just now.

Moto Connect app not working.
SMS not working
Widgets that allow the enabling / disabling of Wireless, bluetooth, GPS, Screen display. Gone.
No easy way to clear running background applications
No easy way of removing an App.

This is all after 2-3 minutes of use. I'm sure this list will get bigger.

******* android.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't help with SMS or Moto Connect as mine both appear to work (incoming SMS anyway)

The widgets, possibly removed as part of changes in the core OS from KK to LP, nothing Motorola specifically did but those same abilities are easily accessed from a swipe down on the notification bar (either 2-finger swipe down or swipe down a second time)

What do you mean about no easy way to clear running background applications? The square button on the screen brings up the recent apps/tabs list, then tap the X on any you want closed.

Removing apps hasn't changed any, still the same 3 ways to do it (long-press on the app in the app drawer, using the Google Play Store or in Settings > Apps then find the app and tap uninstall)

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What carrier? That seems to make a difference. My XT1053 on Consumers Cellular works quite well on 5.1. However, I did a factory reset right after the install so that may have had something to do with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star