Hey Gang,

Recently made the switch to a galaxy s5... Love it so far but have one (probably simple) issue. I let the battery go down to 0% and am now charging it back up. Only problem is, i'm not able to use it while it's charging. There's just a pic of a green battery charging and I can't do anything with the phone. Could someone explain this to me? Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I'm new to these phones.

Thanks
    09-18-2015 11:02 AM
    Once the phone goes down to 0% it shuts down on it's own (actually it's not completely 0%, but that's another story). When you plug in your charger, it needs to charge for a certain percentage first before it can power up. In the meantime, it'll show the red battery with a charging icon. Once the charge has gone up a bit (I believe 3 or 4% should be enough), you can turn it back on by pressing and holding the power button while it's charging.

If your battery icon is green, it probably means it's already charged and you can turn it on even without needing to be charging.
    09-18-2015 11:09 AM