What is the difference between the "H+" and "E" beside the signal bars on a Motorola Droid Ultra?

A

AC Question

What is the difference between the "H+" and "E" beside the signal bars on a Motorola Droid Ultra?

My phone is an unlocked phone that I'm using with AT&T. I'm supposedly in a high signal area but until I reset my preferred network work setting to LTE/GSM/UMTS from Global and my network to GSM Only I only had one bar of signal but the icon to the left of the bars was H+ but now its an E. What does this mean and how does this affect my data reception?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is the difference between the "H+" and "E" beside the signal bars on a Motorola Droid Ultra

Welcome to Android Central! H+ is HSPA+, the faster form of 3G (sometimes called 3.5G or pseudo-4G). On T-Mobile, HSPA+ can give you download speeds of up to 15 Mbps or so, which is pretty fast (not sure what it's like on AT&T). E is for EDGE, which is really slow--it's essentially 2G.

Now that you set the preferred network type to LTE/GSM/UMTS, are you getting LTE reception?