You might think that sounds selfish but the last phone I had with a hotspot I shared with her and she ended up taking it over. I've read the post pertaining to this but nothing about my phone. I'm not techno smart so I don't know if it matters. It an LG Leon LTE 4G. The house signal is so weak, when we have one, that I rely on my cell phone for everything and learned to use a hotspot to run my laptop. When I shared it with her I couldn't access anything and couldn't even use my laptop. I took her off the list but it didn't help. She knows so much more about technoligy than I do I thought she had somehow hacked into my phone (tell me that's crazy. It could've been me). I did eventully get a new phone with a cheaper carrier and it works great. I set up another hotspot and have no intension of telling her but she'll see the network on her phone. If I can change the name of the network it might not work because the signal strength will still be much stonger coming from across the hall. I shouldn't have told her what phone I have. So that's blown. I should note that she makes more than I do. I thought she just needed to get herself organized. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks for reading this.
    09-19-2015 03:55 PM
    Don't use an open hotspot but one with security, then you define an access password and don't give away the password.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2015 04:46 PM