I have a Samsung A7 and I've noticed that random photos are saved into my gallery. I originally thought these random photos were being automatically saved from Facebook messenger, but I've gotten some that have not been sent to me. Anyboyy else have this issue? How can I stop the photos from being automatically saved? Where else could random photos be automatically saved from? Thank you in advance for any help.
    09-19-2015 08:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! They're probably cached images used by apps. Apps are supposed to prevent cached images from appearing in the Gallery by adding a file called ".nomedia" in their directory, which prevents the system from adding those images to the Gallery. But some devs forget to do this, and so those images end up in your Gallery.

You should be able to figure out which directory those images are in by selecting it in the Gallery app, then tapping Menu>Information (or Properties). Then use a file manager app to look in that directory. If there isn't a .nomedia file there, then you can create a blank file with that name by using the file manager app. (Not all file managers have a create file function--I know that ES File Explorer and Total Commander can do it.)
    09-20-2015 12:00 AM
    Arg this is also happening to me. No mater how many times I delete them they keep coming back, Also some don't eve appear in my gallery but import to my PC... Im not very good with technology and its a pain..
    09-28-2015 08:19 PM