I got the Note 5 (Verizon) a few days ago, and I am not too happy with its battery. I noticed it wasn't holding up well, so i went into battery and saw i had 10hrs 48m on battery, and 14% remaining. A little less then 4 hours of screen time. I know these aren't awful numbers, but, I noticed that Cell Standby is using 31% of battery. I looked around the internet and turned on Advanced Calling, so I will see if that fixes the issue. Is there anything else I need to disable? Also, is it normal for the wifi and 4g logos to be white/lit up? On the note 3, only the thing you were currently using was lit, if i was on wifi, the 4g was not lit. Is that a part of the issue. It says cell standby had 10 hr and 48m of "Time on" and 8hr 35m of "Total Connection Time"

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any help!
    dham81793 likes this.
    09-19-2015 11:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How's the cell signal in general? Poor signal is the most common reason for Cell Standby causing battery drain.
    09-20-2015 03:04 AM
    The signal is good. 4g with at least 2-3 bars constantly.
    09-20-2015 09:48 AM
    If you're concerned about mobile data still being used while wi-fi is on, you could go to Settings>Data Usage, write down what kind of mobile data usage you have at that point, work for a while with both of them on, then check again.

Try turning Location Reporting off, and see if that improves your battery life.
    09-20-2015 12:35 PM
    Just got my note 5 yesterday and had an Lg G3 before. Never had my cell standby take up this much battery. My battery has been okay so far but the cell standby percentage is close to 30% like yours. I'm going to try and reset the sim card to see if it needs to be adjusted to the current towers. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    belodion likes this.
    10-03-2015 10:24 PM
    ^^^I'm afraid I have no further suggestions but will be interested to know how you get on. My iPhone 4s uses battery heavily when I'm doing anything using mobile data, and to some extent even in standby on mobile data, and I've never really understood why.
    Please keep us posted.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-04-2015 06:27 AM
    Verizon and WiFi on has a standby bug it seems. Many, many people are having high standby when turning wifi on.
    10-04-2015 07:27 AM
    Just recently got my Note 5, and the battery life has been horrible. I lost 15% overnight while not even touching the phone at all. I can barely get through a day with about 2 hours of screen on time. This might be a deal breaker for me if I can't find a remedy soon.
    10-04-2015 08:49 AM
    Just recently got my Note 5, and the battery life has been horrible. I lost 15% overnight while not even touching the phone at all. I can barely get through a day with about 2 hours of screen on time. This might be a deal breaker for me if I can't find a remedy soon.
    There is a Note 5 battery thread with a lot of info and a lot of posts. I would suggest you start there. Everyone that has been regularly involved there seems to have gotten their battery settled down.
    10-04-2015 01:21 PM