I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, SM-N920CD "which is a SM-N920C with a dual sim card" (Android 5.1.1, build number LMY47X.N920CXXU1AOH4). All phone book entries begin with +country code because I travel. It’s brand new, and works perfectly other than the following:

When I receive a call, if it happens to be a local call without the +966, no name will be shown and the phone will only show the number. I’ve reset my phone but that didn’t help. There are no apps on this phone that weren’t on my Note 3 (which worked fine in displaying any number format). If I add the local mobile phone number which begin with 05-XXXX-XXXX under the same contact then when that person calls their name will show up.

The key thing here is that I used to have all my phone numbers stored in the international format +966-5-XXXX-XXXX and it displayed the callers name when I was local or traveling perfectly; however now I am forced to remove the country code +966 and add the local mobile number to the same contact which is 05-XXXX-XXXX to show the callers name. I have never had this issue before on any of my previous phones and have tried removing all my contacted and adding them back in and to my dismay the problem still exists.

Any support on this will be much appreciated.
    09-20-2015 01:17 AM
    I am facing the same problem with my note 5 i have tried everything but no luck
    09-21-2015 04:41 PM
    I'm also having the same problem with my note 5 with no luck at all. All devices that i had before (mostly samsung) didn't have this problem. I have more than 2000 contacts all saved with the +countrycode before the number, but when i receive a local call from one of those contacts, only the number is shown on the screen and not the name because the local incoming call usually includes one zero rather than the +countrycode so the Note 5 is unable to read it. In all previous devices that i've had with the same case, the name used to show.
    Help is needed!
    Much appreciated.
    09-23-2015 10:02 AM
    had similar problem with a friend's device. Over 1000 contacts, all had country code. When a call is received, no name is displayed. When you remove the country code, then the caller name would appear.

We downloaded and installed the Saudi STC Firmware using Sammobile, it solved the error.

Model
    SM-N920C
    Model name
    Country
    Saudi Arabia (STC)
    Version
    Android 5.1.1
    Changelist
    Build date
    Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:43:51 +0000
    Product code
    XFU
    PDA N920CXXU1AOH6
    CSC N920COJV1AOH7
    10-14-2015 11:47 AM
    Hey,

I just got the Note 5 Duos NM920C from the UAE and i'm having the same issue while using it in KSA.

Did you find a solution that worked for you?

Thanks
    10-24-2015 05:07 PM
    Hey, did you try anything that worked? I have the same exact issue with my phone....
    10-24-2015 05:18 PM
    I have the same device Samsung Galaxy Note 5, SM-N920CD, and i'm facing this problem in Algerie and Egypt, and also all my friends who had another version of note 5 Sm-N920C, So i think that's a lack of the operating system lolipop 5.1.1 and may be solved in the next firmware. but if any one get a solution until that happened please share it with us. thanks
    11-20-2015 06:12 PM
    Hi. Did anyone solve this problem?
    04-14-2016 08:16 AM
    I downloaded truecaller which is a app that works in India as it can be used to identify phone nos. If you are in a different country a similar app will provide a temp fix. Even now the phone no is not recognized by the phone but the truecaller extension appears on top of the call and identifies most of the nos though there are bugs with this solution as well. I hope Samsung fixes this in next update
    06-06-2016 10:47 AM