I just updated my Galaxy Note 4 to Android version 5.1.1 and there have been a lot of problems. One of them is the delay when I press the task killer button sometimes. My phone just won't do anything then a half minute later it will open the task killer. Sometimes the phone will just exit me out of an app by itself. Then the most aggravating thing happens, it locks. It will randomly lock the screen (it will take thirty seconds or more for this to happen) and I press the power button and nothing happens for about a minute. When the screen does come on it turns the screen on and off a couple times because of my power button pressing.
    09-20-2015 11:50 AM
    What I would do is start your phone in Safe Mode. Do a backup of all your data... photos, videos, contacts, texts (it they mean anything to you), S Notes, Action Memos, etc. Whatever you don't want to lose! Then go into recovery, clear/wipe the cache partition, and factory reset the phone. This is the recommended procedure for major OS updates. You don't always have to do this, but it doesn't hurt, especially if the phone is acting up like yours is.

A factory reset will bring your phone to an out of box state, so you will need to set up your phone again, and reinstall all your apps. I highly recommend you don't allow Playstore to automatically update/install any apps. Install them one by one in case they may not be compatible with 5.1.1
    09-20-2015 06:26 PM
    I am experiencing exactly the same issues as you are. I appreciate the advice to reset the phone entirely, but that shouldn't be the case. They should release an updated version with all the bug fixes in my opinion.
    10-03-2015 04:26 AM
    They should release an updated version with all the bug fixes in my opinion.
    I somewhat agree with you, but the sad reality is every Android release appears to be a beta! It takes a while to fix all the bugs.
    10-03-2015 07:19 AM