From various searches I've tried, maybe this is not possible, but I'm trying to get Android to work like Windows Phone when it comes to text to speech. I've recently just switched from Windows Phone to Android so I'm learning the system.

In Windows Phone, if I'm wearing my Bluetooth headset and receive a text, it will tell me I've received a text from Person X and ask to read it or ignore it. If I say "read" or "read it", it will read the text to me and then ask me if I want to reply or if I'm done. If I say "reply" it will tell me to say the message. This was so useful when driving or in any situation where I can't access the phone.

Currently with Android, I don't have anything set up. I've seen some suggestions for an app called Talkback, but then I see a lot of complaints about that. Is there another or better way to get this kind of functionality?
    09-20-2015 08:06 PM
    Easily set up if you have a Motorola phone with the Moto assist capability (Moto X, Droid Turbo, maybe the E and the G) as Moto assist does exactly that.

You might find a 3rd party text app that does that.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2015 10:23 PM
    It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If anyone has any app suggestions that would be great.
    09-20-2015 10:30 PM