I have a Canadian Galaxy S5 and (SM-G900W8) and am absolutely sick of all the Samsung stuff that I can not remove from the phone. I would have gone with a Nexus, but I couldn't pass up on the SD card and water resistance. I am looking into rooting and have some questions that I haven't found answers for.

1-When you root, is there a way to do just a fresh install of the latest version of Android like reinstalling windows with the factory disc? All I have found is user created/tweaked versions.

2-Would there be a difference between installing the basic, untweaked Android from my last question, or just going through and manually removing every app that has been installed by Samsung after rooting?

3-When you root, you have the ability to do pretty much whatever you want. What happens if you uninstall Touchwiz without any other launchers installed? Does it just use a default basic Android launcher? Or would you just have no UI like if you somehow uninstalled Explorer from Windows?

4-Is Google Now Launcher the same as the default launcher for the basic Android?
    09-20-2015 09:08 PM
    I have a Canadian Galaxy S5 and (SM-G900W8) and am absolutely sick of all the Samsung stuff that I can not remove from the phone. I would have gone with a Nexus, but I couldn't pass up on the SD card and water resistance. I am looking into rooting and have some questions that I haven't found answers for.

1-When you root, is there a way to do just a fresh install of the latest version of Android like reinstalling windows with the factory disc? All I have found is user created/tweaked versions.

2-Would there be a difference between installing the basic, untweaked Android from my last question, or just going through and manually removing every app that has been installed by Samsung after rooting?

3-When you root, you have the ability to do pretty much whatever you want. What happens if you uninstall Touchwiz without any other launchers installed? Does it just use a default basic Android launcher? Or would you just have no UI like if you somehow uninstalled Explorer from Windows?

4-Is Google Now Launcher the same as the default launcher for the basic Android?
    1) Do you want a fresh install of stock Android? You can only install custom ROMs on the S5. The S4 had a Google Play Edition which came with an official stock ROM, but they didn't make on for the S5.

2) It's much easier to do an install without those things in the first place. There are tons of Samsung apps and services which are harder to find and remove.

3) Not sure about this one. I'd just install Nova or Google Now Launcher and disable TouchWiz Home after

4) No. The AOSP launcher is more like Nova Launcher
    09-20-2015 09:14 PM