my sports apps used to give me notifications

A

AC Question

my sports apps used to give me notifications when the phone was in 'sleep mode' now it will only do it if i unlock it. how do i make it go back to giving me them on the lock screen? I liked that it gave me updates while my phone was not lite. I wanna get them when I am not psychically on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Make sure you don't have any power saving modes turned on, because that might prevent the phone from pushing notifications while asleep.

katbo2

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. samsung galaxy s6. i dont have any powers savers on. the only thing i did was download a new theme. didn't know if that had something to do with it. i did get a injury update from one of the apps today, but dont know if it was real time like before.

katbo2

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I have two sports apps now. Yahoo sports doesnt give as much info, So i got The Score also. Neither updated last night during the game i was watching while in 'sleep mode'. I also have the weather channel app and that didn't update since last night on the lock screen (or sleep mode, since i was sleeping) and it usually updates throughout the night.

katbo2

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
so i went through the settings on my husband's phone (we have the same one) it looks like somehow i turned off the data. i turned it back on and all is fixed now. thanks for trying to help tho!