I have a Sony Xperia Z3 running Android 5.1.1. I am not a particularly technical user, just a consumer. My phone has a 128GB SD card and I always move apps to the card when the 75% notification comes up, so there is always a good amount of spare memory capacity in the phone. I also store data on the card, notably music.

This morning the phone crashed and when it restarted there were various warnings saying the memory was almost full so it would not work properly. A number of apps crashed or did not load properly. It asked me to uninstall some unused apps, which I did.

When I went to the storage menu it told me only 474MB was available of the phone's storage (normally there's about 3GB free) and that I had 32.17GB of apps in the phone memory, which I believe is impossible as the phone's memory capacity is less than that. It also said I had 73.55GB of available space on the SD card, which is about the normal figure.

I tried to transfer data to the SD card to free up space in the phone memory. It told me the internal storage was 95% full and that transferring data to the SD card is recommended to free internal storage. But in the list of photos, videos, music and apps that could be transferred it said there was nothing there, and therefore nothing could be transferred.

Also, I've tried restarting the phone a few times and removed and reinserted the SD card. The card seems to work fine, as I can play downloaded tracks stored on it.

I urgently need to fix this phone so all the apps work and it doesn't crash. Can anyone recommend a solution?
    09-21-2015 03:45 AM