Hi All:

I've been having an issue with my Galaxy S6 on Verizon after the latest update installed a few weeks ago, and it's frustrating that I can't find an answer (or seemingly anyone else having the same issue).

I prefer to use my phone on Vibrate as I don't like to be one of those people in public whose phone is constantly making noise. Unfortunately, my text and call notifications have stopped working while on the vibrate setting. I've checked the phone notification settings, attempted to change the app settings, tried creating custom vibration patterns..still nothing.

When setting the vibration pattern in the app, you have the option to select different patterns, right? Well, normally when you select a patter, the phone will vibrate giving you an idea of what that pattern will feel like. I don't even get that anymore. When creating a custom vibrating pattern, the phone responds to the input but on "playback" to get a feel for it.. nothing.

The phone will vibrate with notifications from other apps but for some reason, nothing when it comes to texts/calls. I do use Textra for SMS/MMS and have even attempted using other 3rd party apps but the same issue occurs (no vibration no matter what setting). I can get audio alerts, but again, hate to be that guy in public or at work.

I've attempted to clear the cache, re-install Textra, change all settings on the phone/application, and nothing. The closest issue I've found to be similar is people complaining of not being able to change the vibration pattern.

Any ideas? Maybe I should downgrade to the last Android version?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-21-2015 03:33 PM
    I have a similar problem but I think you can help me I want to know how you originally set custom vibration patterns

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 04:02 PM
    Hi Moises:

From your homescreen, go to Settings -> Sound and notification -> Vibrations -> Vibration pattern. From there you will see a list of the pre-loaded options (mine has Basic call, Heartbeat, Jinglebell, Ticktock, etc.). At the bottom you should see something like "+ Create Pattern." Click that option and it'll take you to a screen that you can make your own pattern and save.

Hope that helps!
    09-22-2015 12:48 PM
    For anyone who may come across this thread with a similar problem, I got it worked out. I tried a few different things though so can't attribute it to one specific thing, but there was a post I came across that some members posted solutions for "greyed out vibrate options" on the S6 Edge (can't post links yet due to post count) but here were the responses:

I actually just figured this problem out for myself without a hard reset. For me, it was definitely buggy behavior with the power saving mode. I had it set to turn on once I hit 15% but it seemed like it got stuck there, thus graying out my vibration options and causing my hardware keys to not light up. I went into my settings -> battery and into the power saving mode option. Turned it off, back on, changed the setting to immediately instead of a percentage, toggled it again and it all came back. Had to turn back on a couple settings, but it seems to be a bug in the power saver causing this issue.
    And

this worked for me when nothing else did.. I have a S6 Edge too. Had to turn power saving mode ON and change the "trigger" to immediately, then turn it OFF and the vibration started working again.
    Thanks!
    I went into Settings -> Battery -> Power Saving Mode and switched it from "off" to "on" changing the "Start power saving" option from the selected "Immediately" to any of the available percentages, turned it off, turned it back on, switched the option back to "Immediately."

I then went through all the vibration settings I could find (in the system and specific texting app) to turn off/on any and all options I could find. Eventually they were put back to what I had originally (maybe turning these on and off helped to clear out some bug?). I then restarted the phone and vibrations are working again for texts, calls, as well as previewing pre-loaded/custom vibrate patterns.

I hope this can help someone out in the future and save a headache or two.
    09-24-2015 02:55 PM