I have many unwanted apps on my phone, both LG and Boost apps. I don't use them except to update occasionally in order to waste even more space. If I can't remove them, is there a phone and service provider out there that isn't taking advantage in this way?
    Thanks for any help or insight.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 07:08 PM
    The OEM's are pushing hard to get your wallet share and pre-loading crap (even Apple) these days. The Asus ZenFone 2 is just starting to let us remove unwanted apps. What bugs me is having to disable apps just to keep them from installing updates to apps I don't want or will never use.

Every carrier, every OEM pretty much wants to push crap on us, Motorola is doing a good clean slate job, Nexus of course but Google does make us take apps we don't use. You may need to find an international phone that allows for greater customization and rooting to get what you want.
    09-21-2015 08:22 PM
    I have many unwanted apps on my phone, both LG and Boost apps. I don't use them except to update occasionally in order to waste even more space. If I can't remove them, is there a phone and service provider out there that isn't taking advantage in this way?
    Thanks for any help or insight.

Posted via the Android Central App
    As Raptor says, you would have to get an unlocked phone to be free of bloatware. I have an f7 and I'm not sure how far rooting projects got on it. You'd have to root the phone to get excess bloatware off.
    09-21-2015 10:02 PM