Title says it all. My phone was working perfectly fine until this afternoon. Suddenly, the phone restarted itself and its been restarting itself ever since then. What is happening is that the phone restarts and gets past the Samsung logo and onto the lock screen, home page where I would type in my password. Then before I finish typing in my password, my phone automatically restarts. I would like to know what is happening with this phone and what I can do to fix it. My phone isn't under a warranty. Thanks!
    09-22-2015 01:14 AM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Doesn't sound good. Try pulling the battery and leaving it for a minute. Is it charged up?

It nearly sounds like the OS is bugged. You might have to boot into recovery and reset the phone.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    09-22-2015 01:18 AM
    I'm in the US, have AT&T and my Samsung Galaxy S3 also started having the same problem yesterday.I noticed soon that the reboot loop would stop if I managed to turn off Wi-Fi and 4G, but would resume as soon as I turned on one or the other. I tried "wipe cache partition" without luck, but found out the issue stopped after I killed the "AT&T Device Update" process or some similar name (Settings > More ... > Application Manager > Running > AT&T Device Update). I believe the issue will resume once I restart my phone, but I haven't tried it yet. But at least for now I can use my phone with 4G and Wi-Fi without problems.
    09-22-2015 11:37 AM
    this happened to my S3 a year ago before I lost it.

If you are lucky it is a POWER BUTTON jam.
    you can either press it repeatedly until it works again,

or you can do what I did (tried everything else):

open up the phone, remove the power button (so it stops restarting)
    you can either solder a new one on. or you can do it the ghetto style (like I did)
    and just plug the charger to its charging port and immediately hold the power button + volume down button, and itll
    power up and select "restart" to boot up the phone.

Hope that helps!
    09-22-2015 11:54 AM