I accidentally spilled some liquid into my bag about 6 weeks ago and thought my HTC one M7 was still working when I took it out of my bag, the screen died the next day. I left it in a bag of rice to dry for a couple days but nothing worked. Miraculously, the phone turned on and just started working as normal again after 4 days.

Suddenly, 5 weeks later last week, the screen suddenly wouldn't turn back on again - it was connected by USB to my laptop and charging at the time.

I have tried leaving it for a few days and charging it fully, then trying to turn it back on, but nothing is working.

The strange thing is if I look at it under light, I can see a faint image of the splashscreen as it is turning on, and even a vibration - but no response or screen backlight.

Is this an issue with my LCD screen? Is there a way to get it fixed? I have a number of holiday pictures on there that I took recently which I don't want to lose!

Thanks
    09-22-2015 03:48 AM
    Water damage is progressive, alas. Read this guide by Rukbat:
    [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Amsterdam2410 likes this.
    09-22-2015 04:51 AM
    Hmm, I see

Is there a way I can still retrieve my files from my phone then? I had enabled USB debugging before it died.
    09-22-2015 07:32 AM