How to remove the popup of Lucky wheel virus?

A

AC Question

I got popup of Lucky wheel spin every time to open internet on my Galaxy S6 edge. I have installed Malwarebyte and tried to remove this by scanning virus but it doesn't effect. How to get rid of this popup?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it only happen when you use the browser? Have you tried other browsers? Does it only come up with certain sites?

Go to the App Manager, select the browser, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now see if it persists.

GefB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I got it too (Android 4.2.2 unofficial), now seems solved uninstalling all GO products I had (Go Keyboard an all plugin/languages/skins), including NEXT browser. No longer using that products. Wrote to them, but never received their answer; maybe a wanted ADV?

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

GefB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
To me it was some kind of "function leak", 'cause nowadays it exists a "2016" Go Keyboard APK version from a dev. group having a slightly different name: the name was "GO Keyboard Dev Team", now it is "GO Dev Team". The new app (201 ver.) presents an icon with the description "i feel lucky" and a new in app purchase option "ADS Free". Imho the "lucky wheel" popup was some new feature not finely implemented.

I just tried to install the new 2016 APK and it seems it works nicely; with ADS, but without strange behaviours.

Best regards.

Roanca78

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey, have been having the same problem with this pop up and also 3 other chance to win pop up all trying to get me to press those buttons that has a count down.My partner was hacked too but he had his screen scrambled and had an Olympic app that popped up every time he went online.
I used Google Play and downloaded Zedge.
Everytime I looked at celeb sites the pop up games began.
Both of our batteries drained faster and our loading slowed down and this happened pretty much at the same time. It was so weird.
Does anyone know if these hackers are seriously secretly stealing personal info? And does Google Play able to do anything about these free Apps? Cheers.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey, have been having the same problem with this pop up and also 3 other chance to win pop up all trying to get me to press those buttons that has a count down.My partner was hacked too but he had his screen scrambled and had an Olympic app that popped up every time he went online.
I used Google Play and downloaded Zedge.
Everytime I looked at celeb sites the pop up games began.
Both of our batteries drained faster and our loading slowed down and this happened pretty much at the same time. It was so weird.
Does anyone know if these hackers are seriously secretly stealing personal info? And does Google Play able to do anything about these free Apps? Cheers.
Welcome. :)

See this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=600150

...and this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=630081

Maggie Mae2

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I went into the application manager and disabled Chrome. I ignored the scary message and then it asked me if I wanted to replace it with the factory version. I clicked yes and it seems to have gotten rid of that annoying malw are. I think I originally got it from downloading free ringtones.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I went into the application manager and disabled Chrome. I ignored the scary message and then it asked me if I wanted to replace it with the factory version. I clicked yes and it seems to have gotten rid of that annoying malw are. I think I originally got it from downloading free ringtones.

That's one way of doing it. :)

Sent from mTalk

waleedakleh23

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III with Android version 4.3 and I am unable to remove it!! I tried factory reset and I also tried hard factory reset and I still have this issue! What else I can do?

yeng aviles

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I have the same problem. For me, the pop up appears whenever I was watching a show online. It never happened before so I'm not sure what the cause is. I already factory reset my phone(twice) and it's still there. I don't know what to do. Pls help. Thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair