I have just given my sister my old Nexus 4 but the power/unlock button is really unresponsive and barely works, it's a shame because it's a good phone in pretty good condition and it's a shame it can't be used purely because you can't unlock the screen to use it. I have searched for a bunch of unlock/wake up apps and none seem to be decent, I have used one where you're supposed to shake the phone but it's bit temperamental and sometimes doesn't work, and another where you wave your hand over the sensor which was just as temperamental and the app had to be turned on to be used rather than just being something you can forget about. I found a locking app on first try which worked instantly just by tapping on it it locks the screen no issue, but to actually wake the screen up I've not had much luck in finding an app that does it. Does anyone know of a decent unlock/wake up app for the Nexus 4? I was hoping for one where you could just double tap the screen to wake it up and didn't expect to have such an issue finding an app like that.

Thanks
    09-22-2015 12:35 PM
    I've never used it, but it's free, so try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.on.off&hl=en

Or try a repair shop to see what a repair would cost. Sometimes replacing a power switch isn't that much work.
    09-22-2015 05:48 PM