How to turn up ringtone without using the screen?

A

AC Question

My mom and me have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and one has just broken it's screen. We have been getting by with the voice commands (having Galaxy read out our missed messages and replying as choppy as ever but working through it til we get it fixed) but unfortunately when the phone screen broke it was on silent and we've tried everything to try and turn the ringtone up so we can tell when someone's calling but we've had no luck. I was just wondering if it was possible to find another way to turn up the ringtone without having access to the screen. (Screen is completely black with no sensors to read your fingers)
I hope you can help me :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the phone is on the homescreen, and no media is playing, pressing Volume Up or Down should adjust the ringtone volume. Does anything happen if you repeatedly press Volume Up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you'll be able to get it to work. I was going to suggest mirroring the screen to your TV or monitor using an MHL cable (Which MHL adapter does my Samsung Galaxy need?), but you still won't be able to access the menus to see if you can change the ringtone. A USB mouse connected to the MHL cable might allow you to select a menu, but then you won't be able to see the screen, because I don't think there are MHL splitters.

Chlsea

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I will see about getting one of those cables and trying it out. Hopefully it works but if it doesn't I'm sure we would be fine until we get it fixed. I appreciate your fast responses and trying to figure this out for me :) Until my next question, Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech