Hi. My Galaxy S5 does not provide an email option when I want to share share photos.

daisy159

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
It gives me dropbox, bluetooth, chaton, google+ messages as options ...and more..but no gmail or email. This happens when I am using the camera and photo preview, as well as when I accessing photos via gallery and going to the "share via" option in both instances. If, from gallery, I select (tick) ONE photo tile, I sometimes (randomly) can get gmail coming up as an included option when I enter "share via" from that screen), but it is not consistent. I am stumped! Please help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's a funny bug. Do you have any app that could be causing a conflict? Some defaults manager, task killer, battery booster, etc? You could boot into safe mode to enable just the apps that came preinstalled in your phone. This way you can see if there's something wrong with your system or a conflict with an app you downloaded.

daisy159

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Success....both email programs are there. ..Yippeee
But, will I always have to do it that way? Just that I am a creature of habit, and it is easier to do it the other more direct way?
I am hoping you will next tell me how to get those icons back in my other screen

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
:) It seems that the problem is in your gallery and camera apps. You could try using a third party gallery and see how it goes. First thing could be clearing cache for these two apps. I don't have a Samsung phone but I think there's a special setting to manage your default apps (not the individual option in the applications manager). Check that.

Another option could be resetting apps preferences. That will affect all your apps though.

daisy159

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Fantastic!!! Thanks a million. Clearing the gallery cache didnt help, but interesting...maybe?..There is no camera icon when I look for apps to clear the camera cache..only the gallery icon? Dont know if that means much?
I am now using a a different photo app, and it works as it should with sharing etc.
So many thanks...I will keep an eye out in case you can tell me where my "lost" camera app is hiding....but meantime I am thrilled.
Thanks
xox

daisy159

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi there

This issue has annoyed the living daylights out of me as the other photo app is longwinded etc. even if it does work.
I was fooling around with other "share via" options in Gallery, and took a look at the "Quick Share" option which I had not used before. It prompted me to enable my device to be visible to "anyone" ...so I decided I didnt want that, and I force stopped the app,... Yippeee....for some random reason...now Gallery "shares" as it is supposed to? You may understand why, so thought I would share it for what its worth.....presume the Quick share was over-riding the other options.

daisy159

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Possibly a bit premature?
Gallery will share in the correct way....but whilst in My Camera and looking at photo previews, still no email options...lots of others including that Quick share
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol