Redirect from apps.

A

AC Question

I have been dealing with this for a week or so now. anytime I click an app, chrome or internet opens and directs me to followedmedia then bestewed.
I uninstalled almost every recent app. Scanners are not picking anything up nor is airpush.
Any ideas? This is driving me nuts and I would love to avoid factory reset as I would have to manually remove backup on all my accounts etcetera due to google authenticator lol

AllGone

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I think I've figured out something that helps. The issue may be due to "nefarious" advertising within another app that triggers the web page load. I have two "security" apps that, until very recently, worked fine. The webpage redirection was triggered then the Smart Applock app was trying to protect another app (by requiring a passcode before allowing access to that app). I had the same issue with another app called Secure Gallery. Now, let me clear, I do not think these apps are directly causing the problem, rather it is the advertising on the free version of the apps that is triggering the redirect. I have figured out two possible partial solutions....
1) The problem went away when I purchased Smart Applock. At a current cost of $3.xx I don't have a problem supporting the programmers considering the use I get out of the app (keeps certain aspects of my phone secure). Purchasing eliminates the advertising. <<OR>>
2) Go into your settings and stop your phone from preloading all links on a page, and related predictive behaviour. The adversiting may still trigger the redirect, but then you will have a change to CANCEL that link and proceed to your original app.
If anyone else has any additional suggestions, I'd appreciate it!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance