Whenever I am making a phone call the screen minimizes it into a small box, I don't need this function all the time, how do I turn it off?
    09-24-2015 09:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?
    09-24-2015 11:57 AM
    My phone is the note 4, but my sister has the same problem with the Galaxy 6.
    09-24-2015 02:40 PM
    Are you using the phone on speakerphone, or with a Bluetooth headset? Can you just tap that minimized box to bring up the homescreen again?
    09-24-2015 03:05 PM
    I am not using it as a speakerphone or Bluetooth. Yes if I tap it will fill the screen again. I would like it to not minimize at all unless I hit the little box.
    09-25-2015 11:37 AM
    So you're using it like a normal phone, held up against your ear? In that case, the screen should be automatically turning off due to the proximity sensor (so that your face doesn't press any onscreen buttons). Are you saying that when you take the phone away from your ear, you're seeing the homescreen, with the Phone/Dialer screen minimized, rather than the Dialer keypad maximized on the screen? (Sorry, at first I thought you were saying that the homescreen was getting minimized during a call.)
    09-25-2015 11:50 AM
    Yes I am holding it against my ear. It doesn't automatically turn off thus causing my face to press buttons. So when I take the phone away it is whatever screen my cheek has pressed and the dialer keypad is minimized.
    09-25-2015 01:13 PM
    That shouldn't happen--the proximity sensor should detect when it's up against your ear, and put the screen to sleep, so there might be a problem with the sensor. Make sure it isn't blocked by a dirty screen protector, ill-fitting case, or any debris lodged in the opening. The sensor is typically near the front camera.

You can test the sensor by dialing *#0*# in the Dialer app, then select Sensor, and see what the proximity sensor is registering. Hold your hand over the sensor, then take it away, and see if the numbers change. If it doesn't change, then something is wrong with the sensor, and therefore isn't causing the screen to go to sleep on a call when held up against your ear.
    09-25-2015 03:02 PM