When I transferred my music files from Itunes to my Droid Turbo, some of the albums were incomplete. I tried to manually transfer those files via drop and drag and yes they did transfer. My problem is, where should they be so my google player can see/read them? The only place I found my previously transferred files was the /Vault/Download directory. I transferred files to the /Music directory and they don't appear in my google play screen.

I can play these newly transferred files by clicking on the song and bring up a player, but not available in my library along with the original transferred files. I transferred my Itunes library to my LG G2 and didn't have these issues, is this a Motorola problem?
    09-24-2015 03:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the iTunes library to begin with? I find that the best way is to connect the phone to the computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the music files into the phone's Music directory, keeping the conventional Artist>Album>Song folder structure.
    09-24-2015 05:12 PM
    Thanks for answering. After watching and reading to many posts on how to transfer, I think I tried them all. Originally I transferred the files through Google music manager and player. Part of the problem I am having with that, other than missing some of the songs in albums, is the fact I have two different chrome accounts. I thought I would be able to go back and drop and drag as you suggested, but once I did that and verified that the file was in a directory on the droid, my music player couldn't find it.

I would think that the /Music directory is the place my music should reside, but not the case with this phone. With my LG, is was able to drop and drag and could always find it, whether it was a picture, mp3 or video. It should be a easy matter to transfer and add a song into a album. If I am correct, you are stating that the music on the droid, should be read from the /music directory, in which case, my phone is different.

At the same time, I transferred my entire library - intact to my samsung tablet.
    09-25-2015 08:14 AM
    It really shouldn't matter what directory the music is stored in, because the system's Media Scanner looks through all user directories for media to add to the databases.

Using a file explorer, look in the Music directory on the phone and make sure there isn't a file called ".nomedia" present. That would prevent the system from adding any media files in that directory to the various media databases (like the music library or gallery).

If you add a non-iTunes mp3 file to the Music directory, does that show up in the Music library? If not, and if there isn't a ".nomedia" file present, then it would seem that the system's Media Scanner isn't working properly. Try running media.Re.Scan.
    09-25-2015 11:18 AM
    Once again thanks for responding. I just tried syncing through windows media player and one of the files said it was already present, then I synced more and they did transfer. On the left side of the media player screen it shows the directory /music and also the album, artist etc - so they are getting in that directory. However is I do a directory search and scroll down to the /music directory on the Droid, the only ones that are there are the ones that I personally dragged and dropped.

I am using google music player to listen to the tunes, but like I said I don't know where it is seeing those files to read them. I will run the media scanner and see what that shows.
    09-25-2015 02:34 PM
    I generally avoid the Windows Media Player sync function, because it's never worked that well with Android in my experience.
    09-25-2015 03:03 PM