I got a Galaxy S5 in June and I'm trying to get pictures off of the phone for the first time. I have connected the phone to my computer to try and get pictures for work off of my phone. My computer is not reading that the phone is connected as a device (not even in the device manager) and the phone is not giving me the option to change the USB connection setting. I have read previous posts on this subject and nothing seems to work. Kiev doesn't work unless I change my phone USB settings (tried this last night to recover pictures from my wife's phone that has a broken screen and it failed), but I cannot find where to go to change the setting. I cannot find the "Developer's Settings" section of my phone either. I really need these pictures off of the phone but thus far cannot find a way to transfer them via USB. Does anyone know why the phone doesn't give me the dropdown menu to change my USB settings? This used to be so simple on my old Galaxy S2.
    09-25-2015 08:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you plug in, is there a USB connection notification that appears in the status bar? If so, swipe down and tap it, then make sure it's set to MTP.

It no notification appears, then try a different USB cable, because cables can fail, and some are only used for charging. Also, make sure you have the latest driver installed: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
    09-25-2015 05:36 PM