Hey guys I have my contacts saved to my backup assistant and when I try to save it, it wont show up. How can I change it so it saves to a different place.
    09-25-2015 11:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Once you've entered a contact into a particular account (i.e., Google account, local Phone account, Verizon account, etc.), you can't change it. You have to create a new entry for that contact, and assign that contact to the account you want. This can be a pain if, for example, all of your contacts were entered into the local Phone account (which I don't recommend) and want to move them all to your Google account. In that kind of situation, the easiest way is to export the contacts to a .vcf file, then import that file into your Google Contacts (either by using the Contacts app's Import function, or by using the Google Contacts website on your computer).
    09-25-2015 12:38 PM
    Thank you B.Diddy but how do I assign it to a different account??
    09-25-2015 02:42 PM
    As I mentioned before, you have to do it when you're entering it as a brand new contact. In the contact entry screen, look at the top--there should be a field where you select which account it goes to. The default can vary with the device--most of the time, it defaults to your Google account, but some devices annoyingly default to the local Phone account.
    09-25-2015 02:45 PM