My phone has completely frozen and will not respond to anything I need to open the back up and remove the battery how do I do this
    09-25-2015 12:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If it's frozen with the screen on, you can usually force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds.
    09-25-2015 04:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If it's frozen with the screen on, you can usually force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds.
    Don't forget.. With these Samsung phones, it is hold the power and volume down at the same time until it starts to boot up again.

My phone has completely frozen and will not respond to anything I need to open the back up and remove the battery how do I do this
    See the above answer.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-25-2015 05:27 PM
    Don't forget.. With these Samsung phones, it is hold the power and volume down at the same time until it starts to boot up again.
    I wasn't aware of that. So do you have to hold both down to force a shutdown only? Or does that actually initiate a reboot?
    09-25-2015 05:56 PM
    I wasn't aware of that. So do you have to hold both down to force a shutdown only? Or does that actually initiate a reboot?
    For shutdown and reboot. When the screen goes off, release the buttons and it will shutdown. If you keep holding them though, it will boot back up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-25-2015 07:11 PM
    Ah fiddlesticks. I wish Samsung didn't have to do things differently from all other manufacturers! Sorry I gave the wrong info before--I'll have to keep this in mind in the future.
    09-25-2015 07:13 PM
    Ah fiddlesticks. I wish Samsung didn't have to do things differently from all other manufacturers! Sorry I gave the wrong info before--I'll have to keep this in mind in the future.
    Well I take some of that back.. When the charger is plugged in, if you release as soon as the screen goes black, it will shut off. Not so when not charging, it reboots.
    09-25-2015 07:16 PM